Robert Leslie Newman
The links on this page are a combination of those I feel are significant to furthering the adjustment to blindness, as well as sites that I have been asked to list by web masters who have written and offered to exchange links. Note that I do not intend to create a large list of links, fore I believe others have done that and I'd rather get you to them, then me having to take the time to search out and maintain a large links page. So under the sections of "Blindness Information" and "Blindness Products/Services" you will find sites relating to adjustment and living successfully with blindness. Finally, under the section labeled "Other Important Information" you will find links to other sites related to some type of health care and/or services.
- A BLIND NET- Get the facts about blindness and leave the mythology behind.
- BLIND RELATED LINKS- Contains extensive listings to sites relating to vision loss and blindness.
- - A great site to educate ones self about the affect of albinism upon the eyes and life ingeneral.
- BLINDNESS AND VISUAL IMPAIRMENT RING- To many other blindness and visual impairment sites.
- CLARITY SOLUTIONS- Assistive
technology company that manufacture's auto focusing video magnifiers
for people who live with low vision.
- DISABLED SPORTS USA-FAR WEST- They have year around programming for recreational sports.
- ENHANCED VISION- is the pioneer behind a number of technological and design innovations that enable
people to see the world in ways never before possible. Our products include the ever-popular Jordy glasses, Merlin, Max, and Flipper video magnifiers.
- EYES2EYES.COM- A site offering information on blindness, personal, medical, employment, and safety issues. This site is operated by a master's level mental health therapist
who is visually impaired and who offers personal telephone counseling to those who are interested.
- FREEDOM SCIENTIFIC- A USA manufacture of access technology for the blind and visually impaired. for the non- print user, screen reading software, note takers and PDAs with speech and/or Braille displays, Braille embossers, other specialized adaptive soft and hardware, and more. For the person with reduced visual ability, low vision products like screen enlargement software, scanners, and more.
- GLAUCOMA RESEARCH FOUNDATION- A group making a strong effort to educate and provide service.
- HUMANWARE- A New Zealand manufacture of access technology for the blind and visually impaired. for the non- print user, screen reading software, note takers and PDAs with speech and/or Braille displays, other specialized adaptive soft and hardware, and more. For the person with reduced visual ability, low vision products like CCTVs, screen enlargement software, scanners, and more.
- I CAN SEE BOOKS- The Braille, Print/Braille and cassette book and computer software store.
- JEWISH BRAILLE INSTITUTE OF AMERICA- Provides materials in Braille, on audio cassette and in large print to the blind, visually impaired and reading and physically disabled worldwide. All services are free of any charge.
- LIBRARY OF CONGRESS- Braille books, talking books, and more.
- NATIONAL BRAILLE PRESS- A Boston-based nonprofit braille printing and publishing house founded in 1927. The guiding purposes of National Braille Press are to promote the literacy of blind children through braille, and to provide access to information that empowers blind people to actively engage in work, family, and community affairs.
- QUANTUM TECHNOLOGY- Manufacturer and sales of adaptive hard and software for the blind.
Other Important Information
TOP OF PAGE
THOUGHT PROVOKER PAGE
SHORT STORIES PAGE