Thought is the first step to beyond
Robert Leslie Newman
2008 Dr. Jacob Bolotin Award Recipient
I was awarded one of the first ever Dr. Jacob Bolotin Awards for my work with THOUGHT PROVOKER. These awards are given to recognize outstanding individual and organizational achievements in the blindness field. The awards are to be presented annually by the National Federation of the Blind with support from the Alfred and Rosalind Perlman Trust. Follow this link to read the full article as it appeared in the award brochure.
I believe by provoking thought, by use of positive examples , AND INFORMATION, that we can promote the human potential to successfully adjust to and live with any level of blindness.
Those who can benefit from the materials available here are: the blind; the visually impaired; professionals involved with this population; family members; friends; employers; AND ANYONE else Who may be interested.
- THOUGHT PROVOKER FORUM- A series of short-short stories about blindness, a forum to read and respond to.
- NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND, WRITINGS- Articles which have appeared in NFB publications; the Braille Monitor; Future Reflections; Slate & Style; the former Nebraska Independent; and the philosophical discussion series called Chapter Building Through Philosophical Discussion.
- SHORT STORIES- A treasure-trove of short stories with blind characters living life and blindness.
- BIO- ABOUT ROBERT LESLIE NEWMAN- Author and Webmaster.
- LINKS- Links to other sites that also promote a positive approach to blindness and visual imparement. Note: